This is why I knit.
- It's relaxing. There's something about the rhythm of it that's soothing. I also like to have a pattern to keep me from getting bored. I like to knit with fine wools of good quality. I have to have the TV on.
- Garments are individual and unique. Nobody will have one like the one you make these days.
- It stops me biting my nails.
- It stops me raiding the fridge.
- It provides me with lovely gifts for friends who've had babies.
- I love the vintage patterns, and you just can't buy garments in the shops like them.
- People are impressed that I've made things myself.
- My daughter has taken up knitting .
- My daughter's friend took up knitting after receiving a hand knitted baby jumper from her.
|Valley Heights - 1940s|